Sunday, June 24, 2007

Letters To My Father. Letter 6.

Dear Dad,

You nurtured me, like you nurtured your gardens full of scented roses, morning glories, blackberries and vegetables, with love, care, patience and tenderness.

I blossomed under that tender care. You never tired of telling me how pretty, smart and strong I was.

You inspired me, motivated me, and instilled a love of knowledge and learning in me.

I was so very lucky to have a father like you even if it was for such a short time.

The 12 years you gave me had a huge impact on my life, and on the person that I strive to be today.

It's sad that you won't be reading these letters to you, but maybe other fathers with young daughters will read them, and see the huge impact that they can have on their daughters lives. Maybe it will inspire other daughters to write letters to their fathers and tell them how they impacted their lives.

I love you, Dad. I cherish my memories with you, and you will live on in my heart as you have these many years.

Thank you,

Your loving daughter, Kitty

No comments: