The proposed attacks on WikiLeaks according to the slides include these actions:
- Feed the fuel between the feuding groups. Disinformation. Create messages around actions of sabotage or discredit the opposing organizations. Submit fake documents and then call out the error.
- Create concern over the security of the infrastructure. Create exposure stories. If the process is believed not to be secure they are done.
- Cyber attacks against the infrastructure to get data on document submitters. This would kill the project. Since the servers are now in Sweden and France putting a team together to get access is more straightforward.
- Media campaign to push the radial and reckless nature of WikiLeaks activities. Sustain pressure. Does nothing for the fanatics, but creates concern and doubt among moderates.
- Search for leaks. Use social media to profile and identify risky behavior of employees.
The first point sheds a whole new light on the recent misinformation published by most of Canada's traditional media incorrectly claiming that a Wikileaks document quoted ex-CSIS Director, Judd, as saying that "vigorous harassment" was occurring against Hezbollah in Canada. LOL.
I, and many others had the good sense to vet the quote against the original documents. It doesn't exist.