Saturday, June 22, 2013

Rise Up!

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.
John Lennon




"Rise Up! Rise Up Canada! Rise Up! Rise Up! Why do we have to put up with this? Rise Up! Rise Up! Rise Up! This goes beyond Partisan Politics. This goes beyond the Liberal Party, this is about our Country, this is about our democracy! Rise Up! Rise Up! We have got to fight here! We have got to stand and fight! This is not about me, this is not about the Liberal Party, this is about the kind of democracy we hand to this child to this child. We gotta Rise Up! We got to stand! We gotta fight and we gotta win, this is not about the Liberal Party of Canada, this is about the country you love, so Rise Up Canada! " --Michael Ignatieff (Rise Up Speech - Full text)

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world."  --Jack Layton (Open Letter to Canadians two days before he died in office as NDP Leader of the Official Opposition)

 I ♥ my country and want to see it became a better place for all of us not one that is at the mercies of the wealthy elites of the world. If we don't take a stand now and start fighting to protect and expand our democracy and restrain the wealthy elites and the general systemic corruption that exists, I fear for the future of our world.


No comments: